Monday, February 16, 2009

When so many in our mainstream American culture are stating that two children is the perfect family size, maybe a few more if you can afford to give them all their necessaries including a full college education, I would disagree. I take my stance primarily from Psalm 127 verses 3-5 which states that "the fruit of the womb is his reward". From parents I've met that have chosen to have large families they have said that after five children, the job of raising children becomes increasingly easier with each additional child as the elder ones assist with the care of the youngest. I do not believe in a parent's responsibility to pay their children's way through college. I don't think every child even deserves a college education. If the child so chooses the parent may assist, but should normally not pay their whole way.

2 comments:

jjfortheking said...

I agree. That is what you have in-laws for. :P

J.J.

Josh said...

Jeriah,
I come from a family of ten(8 kids) and I wouldn't trade it. I always have someone to talk to or help out. I am blessed with the opportunity to learn many skills, which can prepare me for a family of my own, if God should choose.
God Bless,
Josh