Monday, August 10, 2009

Myself outside the Great Lakes Marine Center in Port Huron, MI
Eric Jefferies of Grand Rapids, MI looking into a canal with his son Noah, and daughter Leah in Port Huron, MI

A boat goes down stream on the Saint Clair river with Sarnia, Ontario in the background after a rain storm let up.



David Burkmeyer of Missouri sitting in a garden made by Michigan State University near the Great Lakes Marine Center in Port Huron, MI.



Looking up a canal off the edge of a defunct rail road draw bridge in Port Huron, MI.




The train tracks of a defunct rail road draw bridge in Port Huron, MI.





Some youth from our camping trip with the Coopers of Croswell, MI walking into the Great Lakes Marine Center in Port Huron, MI. We could not do regular camp activities due to the long day of rain.


Check it out: http://boatnerd.com/ Apparently you can find real time tracking of barges on the Great Lakes from this site. I know so, because there was a plasma computer screen on the wall inside the Marine Center with those images on the screen and the website listed on the screen also.


Chemical Valley across the river in Sarnia, Ontario. There is Petroleum refineries and Dow chemical plants here. My mother is in this picture. I've heard from Roger Buurma and other Canadians that there is a high amount of people with cancer who live near Chemical Valley.


My Mother holding Seth Cooper in their kitchen.


Sarah Heyworth holding Sampson, the dog. One of the Jeffries girls is in the kitchen holding a doll.


These people were putting up a booth at the Swinging bridge festival in Croswell at about 7 am on Saturday morning when I went into town to buy more Gorilla tape for my cardboard boat that would be competing later that day in the Black river against other cardboard boats. I knew these people from my old church from eighteen years ago. They are Smitta and Doug Wickam. They were just as surprised to see me as I was to see them, as our homes were both more than seventy miles away from Croswell. As it turned out, the stores did not open early enough for me to buy my Gorilla tape, and they gave me an almost full roll of the tacky tape! It's normally worth about $10! It helps to have many friends.

1 comment:

jjfortheking said...

Wow, Jeriah! I really like this post. Most people just post random pictures, but yours are very detailed and interesting. Great work!

God bless,
J.J. Biddinger