Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Last winter.


Fat men in the lobby of Cobo arena. An elevated train goes through the ceiling of the Cobo arena in Detroit where car shows take place.


See the People Mover http://www.thepeoplemover.com/ track in the ceiling?












A curly ramp in Detroit near the Cobo arena where the Autorama car show was going on last winter. Between the buildings, and across the Detroit river is Windsor, Ontario, Canada.





Amanda Bendixen holding Jacqueline Martindale at the Alessio's house last winter a month before she found out that she was pregnant with her first child.







A driveway I clear in winter for an older girl friend of my Mom's who lives in Rochester behind Crittenton hospital and St. John Lutheran. Before I cleared it, she couldn't get her car out of the driveway.





I took this picture when I had been working in the area, because I liked the pines. You can also see this same place on Google street view. Just turn the view counter clockwise (from top down perspective), from 12 o' clock to 9 o' clock and you will see the same scenery.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=lahser+%26+14+mile,+bloomfield+Twp.+MI&sll=39.918573,-97.953523&sspn=26.54068,56.162109&ie=UTF8&ll=42.532971,-83.264351&spn=0.012491,0.027423&t=h&z=15&iwloc=A&layer=c&cbll=42.530593,-83.264335&panoid=phFuqQLx-FEd48h_fRi7_g&cbp=12,312.96,,0,-11.34






If this is a back view of the house my grandparents lived in, it doesn't have the back upper deck and exterior stair way. However, it seems to be the only house remotely similar to the house they lived in. Since the part I remember of the house is in the back of the house, I have a hard time knowing. (People don't like me snooping around in the back yard of their houses).








A side driveway view of what might have been the house where my Mom's parents lived in upstairs apartment over twenty years ago.


A front view from last winter of what might have been my maternal grandparent's house.




This might have been my grandpa Jerry and grandma Evelyn's rental house on Gerald Street in Rochester Hills back in 1986.





Teary eyed Faith Alessio and Annick Marshal http://artisticmarshalls.blogspot.com/ with Victoria Heyworth behind in the Alessio's front music room in the week preceding the Marshal's move to Texas. It was an emotional goodbye.







A funny looking underground space on the property of Oakland University near the old Meadowbrook Mansion.








The top edge of a roof line in Pontiac of a house that I clean the chimney on every year on Oneida Street in Pontiac. The Presbyterian older couple and 35ish year old adult son living their had a death in the family about two years ago when the old man died. He had served in WWII in Europe. The hospital behind the block of houses is North Oakland Medical Center http://www.dhofm.com/on Huron Street.





A chimney with freshly falling snow on top with my fiberglass sweeping rods and metal bristled 12" x 12" brush and ratcheting screw driver with 3/8" bit nearby for removal of the chimney cap.







Copper lightning rod.






Robbins lightning rod connector fitting.







UL listed for Robbins Lightning Rod on a house I clean the chimney on at Rochester Rd. and about Snell Rd. in Oakland Twp.













The Honda that had the Alaska license plate.



I found this Alaska licence plate on a car in the parking lot of our new Super Wallmart in Rochester Hills.








My brother Bear and his wife Amanda opening up a belated wedding gift at David and Jennifer Bullinger's http://www.facebook.com/jennifer.bullinger house near North Branch, MI last December. The gift was a chiming wall clock.





This picture reminds me of the phrase in my Brother Bear's song, "God is so good too me". Can you guess what the phrase is?







One of the Sauve's http://www.9soladeogloria.blogspot.com/ holding a small fir covered pet of theirs at their house north of Hadley, MI when my brothers and I were at their house last fall to replace their propane fuel line with a natural gas line hook up.



John Heyworth climbing into his window last fall.






1 comment:

jjfortheking said...

Love the pictures! "(People don't like me snooping around in the back yard of their houses)." LOL!

Great post, Jeriah. :D